Mar 20, 2017
It is against the law for employers to discriminate
based on age. Yet, ageism is an undeniable truth in the modern
In this bonus episode of Find Your Dream Job, Kerry
Hannon, author of Love Your Job: The New Rules of Career
Happiness, shares her tips on how you can overcome
age bias when looking for a new job.
Employers can be skeptical about hiring older workers
because they worry:
- You don’t have the stamina for the job.
- You may not be up to speed or willing to learn new
- Your salary demands may be too high and your health
benefits cost more.
- You won’t be able to answer to or take direction
from younger bosses.
To fight back against this perception, Kerry suggests the
- Don't get stuck in the past
- Get a career coach
- Don't get caught up on salary
- Study up on technology
- Use social media
- Focus on networking
- Join (or create) a job-hunting group
- Do your homework
- Believe in yourself
You can find more useful job search
insight in Land
Your Dream Job Anywhere, now available on
Amazon. To preview the first chapter for free, visit www.macslist.org/anywhere.
Opening and closing music for Find Your Dream Job
provided by Freddy Trujillo, www.freddytrujillo.com.